Thursday, October 23, 2014

Current skincare musts!

As the weather is getting cooler, I am reviewing my skin care routine to make sure my skin is properly protected and moisturized as we head into winter! Below are my current skin care go-to’s! 


ERNO LAZLO PHORMULA 3-9 REPAIR BALM – I love the feel of this balm. Rich and comforting, yet not oily, it helps strengthen & nourish skin while reducing irritation. Is apparently a wonder remedy for scars, burns and sun-exposed skin!



RODIAL STEMCELL SUPER-FOOD FACIAL OIL – This ultra light oil feels almost like a watery/gel texture. My skin looks well nourished and glowing after each use! 




 CREMORLAB SMOOTH PUDDING – Another amazing product from Korea! I adore the feel and scent of this smooth moisture balm. I have used up nearly all of it in almost 2 weeks! My skin looks and feels visibly smoother and healthier when I am using it. Well worth a try! 





PIXI BEAUTY SERUM & AVEDA BOTANICAL KINETICS HYDRATING LOTION – Two all-time favorites!! The hydration and deliciously addictive herbal scents of these two have me constantly coming back for more! The Pixi Beauty Serum is not easy to come by (it’s only sold in the London flagship store), but it is well worth it once you get your hands on some. Apply over your favorite moisturizer and watch your skin transform to a satin-like, ultra soft finish. It creates radiance and treats skin as you wear it. Made with 100% botanical extracts and essential oils. Yum!! 






MAKE YOUR OWN!
For 100% natural and economically-friendly skincare, make your own! I adore this homemade brown sugar scrub. I use it about once a week to remove dead skin cells and gently buff & brighten complexion. Mix the below ingredients in a bowl, and then use clean fingertips to massage into complexion in circular movements. Leave on for 3-4 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water. Follow with your favorite moisturizer & Face Magnet Primer.



Ingredients
1/2 cup manuka honey (plain honey will work fine too!)
1/2 cup brown sugar (basic refined white sugar works in a pinch)
1 tbsp olive or coconut oil
1 drop of your favorite essential oil (lavender, jasmine, rose, geranium, bergamot are all nice)




       The last (and perhaps most important) step in my skincare routine and definitely the key first step in my makeup routine, is the Face Magnet Primer. Packed with vitamins and caffeine, it depuffs, brightens and helps hold onto makeup all day!